List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: FWD: RE: FWD: A question about konqueror
From:       Jonathan Lee <jel846s () smsu ! edu>
Date:       2001-05-26 19:15:19

To those helping flesh out an extension to the sidebar I apologize greatly.  I
told Carsten that I have a background in Java/Perl, and am currently
attempting to learn C/C++ for this exercise.  I am pleased to hear that the QT
tabbed widgets are in place.  It would seem that khelpcenter already created a
base class for plugins to a tabbed widget, and two of the plugins discussed.
What's the feasibilty of importing and extending that work into Konqueror
directly.  Second - Find is well developed in two forms currently in
Konqueror, does anyone think that code is more or less robust than what is in
khelpcenter's find system?  I have yet to see qwertz's design with vertical
tabs as the site is not up, however, I do not see why horizontal tabs would
not suffice.  Maybe adding a menu feature to turn certain tabs on and off as
the user prefers.  If someone can give me a solid technical reason why
Konqueror's default setup cannot use the khelpcenter sidebar and classes for
this I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Jonathan Lee