List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Using Konqueror in Kiosk mode]
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-14 22:31:29

David Faure wrote:

> > Is it ok to add a dcop function enablePopupMenu(bool) to KonqViewIface?
>
> If it helps anyone, yes.
Well, at least this guy:)

> But is that really enough ? As others said, there's probably much more to hack
> to turn konqueror into kiosk mode, no ?
To be honest: No clue. See below.

> My point is, if it can all be done with dcop calls, then that's great and let's go
> for it. If hacking the source is needed anyway, then one dcop call instead of
> a patch won't help much.

Not sure if I got that. My intend was to provide a patch which adds a dcop call
to disable menus, first. So we could "collect" some patches that are neccessary
to get a proper kiosk mode as the need arises. All accessible via dcop. So some
day there is a sequence of dcop calls to make a konqueror run in kiosk mode (or
perhaps provide a goKioskMode() call for convenience).

Michael

--
As the New Gnu knew very soon at the Zoo Guinness is good for you