List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: SOCKS and Konqueror "micro-HOWTO"
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () andamooka ! org>
Date:       2001-04-17 19:17:03

It's also nice that any programs that are launched from kicker are socksified
-- even if they aren't KDE apps.  This saves the user having to configure
each app separately.

I forgot to mention (although it has been mentioned before) that there is
SOCKS support in CVS, so users of later versions of KDE will not need this
ugly hack.  Will CVS launch non-KDE with socks support?  That would be cool.

Also, adding 'unsetenv LD_PRELOAD' (or equivalent) to your .tcsh (or
equivalent) file is a good idea.  Otherwise suid/sgid programs won't run
properly.

Dave

--
Read, annotate, and discuss  _KDE_2.0_Development_
at Andamooka:  http://kde20development.andamooka.org