List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Java applet not working properly.
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-28 21:31:30

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 16:22, Wynn Wilkes wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2001 14:08, George Staikos wrote:
> >    The site http://www.pccanada.com/ has a java applet for a navigation
> > bar on the top left side (yuck).  Anyhow, it isn't working properly in
> > konqueror. The first level works, but if you move the mouse over "Shop @
> > pccanada.com", the second level menu pops up and it won't let me click on
> > any of the links. I'm using the latest IBM JDK from RPM's.
>
> Do you have the JSSE packages installed as explained at
> http://www.konqueror.org/konq-java.html?
>
> Each link on the shopping part tries to load an https URL, and if you don't
> have the JSSE packages installed java can't create the https URL class.
> I'm working on some stuff for the 2.1.1 release that will make the JSSE
> classes not  needed.

  Hehe this is exactly why I didn't open a bug report.  I knew it would be
something stupid on my part in the end.  :)  Thanks for the hint.  I'll look
for that package now.  I didn't see it on IBM's site my first time through...

  What approach are you taking for https support in 2.1.1?

--

George Staikos