List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: TreeMaps for Konqi?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-02-25 19:38:36

On Saturday 24 February 2001 14:22, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could we _please_ add something like this to konqueror for 2.2? It is
> such a damn ingenious thing!
> http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/
>
> I'd take this task myself, but I'm just now writing my first KDE program
> (a game - what else?) and do not feel competent, though the main idea
> seems simple enough.

Interesting idea, but looks more like a candidate for a separate KDE application,
than for being integrated into konqueror. This view of the hard disk is... quite
evolved, but not really intuitive nor easy to handle.
To find the biggest files on the hard disk, I can't see why a sorted-by-size
recursive list wouldn't do the same job, more intuitively ?