List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: window menu keyboard shortcuts
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-13 23:49:33

On Monday 13 November 2000 23:21, Keunwoo Lee wrote:
> Scratched an itch today:

Cool, a patch :) I love patches :)

> - Added 'v' keyboard shortcut to "Window -> Load View Profile" menu item.
Hmm, I would have chosen 'p' for profile, but YMMV :-)

> - Added code to number first 9 view profiles and add appropriate keyboard
>   shortcuts for the "Load View Profile ->" submenu.
>
> This makes switching among view profiles faster & more pleasant.

That's one solution indeed, but I find the numbers in the menu a bit intrusive
for most users (that use mouse), and more importantly the numbers aren't
fixes (unlike desktops). If you create a new profile, it might shift all numbers.

Did you notice that you simply have to use '&' in the profile name, to create a
shortcut ? Maybe we could mention that in the profile dialog. The advantage
of that solution, is that the shortcut remains the same for a given profile, not
depending on the other profiles, and is easier to remember (F for file management,
W for web browsing, etc.). What do you think ?

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/