List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Reflexion about NetAccess (enter_loop/exit_loop)
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-06-27 23:27:37

Ho,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, David Faure wrote:

> But if I'm right about this, shouldn't NetAccess have a static flag
> that prevents multiple concurrent invocations ?

Then the question arises, what to do, when its reentered. Simply return
with an error like EAGAIN, or queue the request, and check that queue on
each NetAccess exit. Or disable the enter/exit_loop tricks for those
additional invocations. The first (EAGAIN) means, that all NetAccess are
forcibly serialized, which I'm not sure is really wanted, after all,
NetAccess is all about asynchronity ;)

Ciao,
Michael.