List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    visited urls
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-29 12:54:47

Hi,

Lars asked me once on irc how to implement a way for khtml to detect if an URL
has already been visited, in order to use a different color for the link.

Now I wonder: How can we do that? :)

One solution that comes to my mind:
Konqueror sends around the openurl events to views. khtml could listen for
those events and save the url in an internal list (preferrably in a static list
in the factory, in order to avoid all khtml instances collecting the same stuff
;-) .

However there is a problem:
The url list would get lost upon view mode changes.

A possible solution for this would be to save/restore the url list via KConfig
in the factory destructor/constructor. That however arises the question: When
is that list cleared?

I mean: After 4 months of browsing with konqueror I do not want to have all
links to be marked visited ;-)

And: Wouldn't it be more logical to somehow store such a list in Konqueror
itself? If yes, then how could provide provide the information, without
creating a direct dependency between host and part?

Help? Comments? Ideas? :-)

Bye,
 Simon