List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HTML forms
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-04-12 5:17:24

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Dawit A wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > If there is anything else let me know.
> >
> > Well there is, but it is not a problem rather a future feature, I myself
> > will look into
>
> Sorry :))  I did a send before I finished my thought/question.  kio_http
> does not implement any of the HTTP 1.1 Cache control scheme (
> Etags/if-modified/last-modified )  Can we add this functionality later on
> ?? I know it is probably not done for privacy issues as it brings more
> problems than cookies.

It has not be done due to lack of time/interest. Currently if we have a cache
hit, we don't do communication at all, which means that you can browse
without internet connection, as long as all pages are in your cache :-)

Apart from that there are indeed privacy issues whcih need some attention as
well.

Cheers,
Waldo