List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gecko
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-04-08 20:11:55

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Mukhsein wrote:

> [Getting out of lurk mode]
>
> I've been an ardent follower of this list for many many months and I
> must say Konqy is looking better by the day. I holding my breath for
> KDE2 - so many goodies...
>

> > PS: out of interest, does gecko support unicode and bidirectionality ?
> >

> Yes, this has been demonstrated - either go to mozillazine.org (for a
> screenshot) or download the latest mozilla build.

Unicode yes, BiDi no. They have some screenshots, but if you can read
arabic or hebrew, you'll notice, that all they do is reverse single
words. They don't reverse the ordering of the words. So it would be like
reading a sentence lke the following in english:
.car a is This

Not really what one wants, and I'm pretty sure there wont be any real
BiDi support in Netscape-6.

> One question, what's XML support like in Konqy? I've not heard nor read
> much about it...

Most of the framework is there. We would just need someone to glue
things together.

Lars

Lars Knoll                                 knoll@mpi-hd.mpg.de
  PGP pub key [6DADF3D5]: finger knoll@pluto.mpi-hd.mpg.de