List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gecko
From:       "Dirk A . Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-06 11:15:12

On Don, 06 Apr 2000, Frédéric LEUBA wrote:

> I think you all know about Gecko.
> My question is simple: Is it planned to use Gecko engine into Kde and more specially Konquetor ?

It's not possible. from what I know Gecko is licensed under the NPL which
is incompatible with every other license, including LGPL, GPL, QPL, Artistic
etc.

If they indeed use a acceptable license, just for the coolness a
gecko-embedding part would be great, yes. but that's optional and not very
high on my priority list.

They're hypeing something that isn't really open source.

Dirk