List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gecko
From:       KDE Entwicklung <TA () esc-electronics ! de>
Date:       2000-04-06 11:09:52

> You'll have to ask the KHTML people about this, like I said before I'm
> just a user like you are when it comes to the HTML stuff ;-)

I'm not a programming guru like Lars and those guys, but i am watching
the development of these two browsers since awhile.

Concerning the completeness, gecko is unbeaten in the non-windows World:
it provides _complete_ CSS2 Support, and - as far as this is possible
by now - XSL. For Konqi to reach this goal there's still some work to
be done, whereas the mozilla people are ready to go.

But what's the use of implementing standards that do not yet exist?
That would really be a waste of time, IMO.

Apropos waste of time: I do believe that it would not be too difficult
attach the gecko engine in some KPart, at least not as hard as
reimplementing would be, but: Who can claim to have been creative, when
he just glued something together?

This is a question of honor, not of efficiency, i think.