List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: browsing with konqueror/possible kio problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-23 13:27:10

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 02:45:44PM +0100, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have you tried using konqueror as a browser recently? It somehow
> encounter many HTML pages, where I get asked with which application I
> should open the page. I'm not sure, but it seems most of these are
> actually redirection URL's.

kio_http redirection problem again :(
There was a discussion about it on kde-core-devel, I thought
there was a fix for it ?
kio_http needs fixes, Waldo is away, so I hope Alex Z. is listening.

> An example is www.haaretz.co.il (which has a redirection to
> www.haaretz.co.il/daily/index.asp).
>
> By the way, as I tried to open daily/index.html directly, I once got part
> of the http header inside of khtml. I'm wondering if this is related to
> the fact, that khtml sometimes shows some strange characters in the view,
> or if the starnge chars are a khtml problem...
>
> Another problem (IMO) is, that the 'open with' doesn't let me
> choose khtml (or any other kpart).
That's right. I added support for parts in the RMB-on-file popup,
it has to be there in the open-with dialog too, but only in konqueror.
Looks like we need an additionnal argument, or a KonqOpenWithDlg derived from
KIO::OpenWithDlg...

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org