List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    browsing with konqueror/possible kio problem
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-03-23 13:45:44

Hi,

have you tried using konqueror as a browser recently? It somehow
encounter many HTML pages, where I get asked with which application I
should open the page. I'm not sure, but it seems most of these are
actually redirection URL's.

An example is www.haaretz.co.il (which has a redirection to
www.haaretz.co.il/daily/index.asp).

By the way, as I tried to open daily/index.html directly, I once got part
of the http header inside of khtml. I'm wondering if this is related to
the fact, that khtml sometimes shows some strange characters in the view,
or if the starnge chars are a khtml problem...

Another problem (IMO) is, that the 'open with' doesn't let me
choose khtml (or any other kpart).

Cheers,
Lars