List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy listview configurability
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-03-20 19:04:49

David Faure wrote:

> > configuration
> > > I'd say a separate dialog, both from menu and from RMB on headings
> > > (good idea).

> > > ;-))) KDE people, the ones that embed anything into anything ;-)))
> > Hehe:) No, I just remembered that I read once that itīs possible to
> > embed any kind of widget into popup menus.
>
> I'd love to see how that would look like ! ;-)
If someone writes the widget I will add it;))

> > > Hmm, just tried. Not intuitive at all (looks like a scrollbar but it's
> not),
> > > nor very convenient ! (if you want the last field) ;-)
> > Come on, how many fields are there? ;-) Move them all in,
> > drag the last one where you want it, move the rest that you donīt want out
>
> > again. Itīs a matter of a few clicks. Itīs not that bad IMHO.
>
> Yes (but I'd never have found that feature if you hadn't tell me),
Letīs see...X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service(what ever that is) or
found it pretty soon.

> and the arrows work the other way round if you compare them
> to a scrollbar (or more accurately, compare them with the kicker
> arrows). You have to press the Left button if you want to see one more
> field, i.e. the first one the _right_. kicker buttons work (obviously)
> the other way round: you press Right to see the first one on the _right_
> that you can't see.
Hmm, I think you canīt really compare that as kicker scrolls the buttons
whereas Netscape adds/removes the rightmost item. But the left ones
allways stay in their place(only resize a little) Furthermore weīd be
free to exchange the meaning of the arrows:) Or replace them by +/-,
better IMO.

> But I like being able to move columns yes. QListView supports that, no ?
DnD the columnheaders?

> I guess it's just a matter of storing the position in a config file ?
What is just a matter of storing the position in a config file ?

> > > Huh ??? What you say makes no sense ! The iconview doesn't show
> > > any fields (besides the name) !!! ;-)))
> > No it doesnīt right now. But it could:) I mean, why not? Only the name
> > by default of course.
> But where ??? ;-)
> Appended to the name below the icon ? Hmm.
Write it below the name:) Perhaps in a somewhat unobtrusive color so
that wonīt confuse too much.
I will try it out, itīs on my ToDo list.

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"