List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about new KIO
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-03 0:24:33

Good news : with the new KIO, you can add support for
whatever protocol-specific commands you want, using KIO::special().
Still in TODO state, letting the slave emit any kind of information
(i.e. the other way) with a special() "signal".

Bad news: AFAIK, the current kio_http is far from giving that much details.
I think you'd better ask Waldo for more details (he ported kio_http
to the new KIO), but in any case I think you'll need to add some stuff
to kio_http itself, for this.
( About 1) and 2) below, I guess the best is that you quickly scan
the sources of kio_http, since I don't know myself. )

But it sounds like a definitely good idea, using kio_http for this
instead of writing your own HTTP stuff.
It will probably improve kio_http's error handling, even when used
by other apps :-)

David.

--
David FAURE