List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Konquerror status
From:       vasant kanchan <v_kanchan () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-03-02 23:36:07

Hi,

I finally got my kde 1.1.2 based kfm to display GIF
after I used QT 1.42 instead of QT 1.44. The browser
works quite well and uses about 8MB of memory.
I am impressed.

What is the status of 2.0 based kfm ?. I want to
build
a web browsing device. How much memory does it need ?.
I notice that kfm exec's kioslave when I click on a
link. This somewhat slows it down. I was originally
thinking of Mozilla but that is about 18MB unzipped
binary. Too large for a device.

Any input is appreciated.

Regards
vasant