List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy issues (22.02.2000)
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-03-01 9:04:21

On Die, 29 Feb 2000, Michael Reiher wrote:
> > I also agree that menu items that appear and disappear are not
> > a good practice, and I love your suggested menu layout !
> We actually just need some kind of "standard" how the menuitems should
> be arranged and then each view proviedes a similar structure. This way
> it seems to the user that it always stays the same (mostly). Only the
> View Mode entry would need to be somehow static. But the Iconview,
> Treeview entries already do btw.

Yes, this is what I tried to say.

About the merging, I will commit next week or the week after next week, I think
it is quite different from the tree view, I don't think it should be merged,
but let's see.

And I remember David said last week something like "To much configurability is
hard to maintain, since the maintainer will always use the same
configuration" (with kwm focus modes in mind).
I would/will happily maintain the textview, since this is the one I will use.

Bye
Alex
--
If they say it's necessary to be disciplined and trained
To transform their new ideas into history and pain