List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqy issues (22.02.2000)
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 18:32:00

David Faure wrote:

> (Michael, did you notice also that I made the columns configurable ?
>  No GUI yet, but there is support for it now, on a per-protocol basis
>  My recent idea would be a menu with the columns that can be seen, checked,
>  and the others, unchecked. Checking a new one makes it appear... And of
> course
>  you save your settings.)
Yes I noticed something like this, but havenīt tried it out yet

> And yes, the text view could be one of the possibilities
> for the tree view. As fast as your Alex's textview because we
> can easily disable the mimetype checking, but a lot easier to maintain
> because only one piece of code.
Well, in fact with "No Icons" I implied "no mimetype checking":)

> I also agree that menu items that appear and disappear are not
> a good practice, and I love your suggested menu layout !
We actually just need some kind of "standard" how the menuitems should
be arranged and then each view proviedes a similar structure. This way
it seems to the user that it always stays the same (mostly). Only the
View Mode entry would need to be somehow static. But the Iconview,
Treeview entries already do btw.

> Now, whether the treeview should support large icons is another debate :-)
Well, I guess my grandpa would be happy about this. Of what use is a
large font if the icon remains 16x16?

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"