List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with IconView
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-01-29 19:59:45

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Robert D. Williams wrote:
>When Konqueror starts up the filename under icons is inside the preview
>image.  I sent an image to kde-core-devel if you want to see what I am having
>here.  OK.  When I swtich views say from Medium to Large the icons are lined
>up correctly, in a grid.   I looked into slotViewLarge() and slotViewMedium()
>to see what they do to correct this.  I added the code in these methods to
>the constructor ( KonqKfmIconView::KonqKfmIconView( QWidget *parentWidget,
>... ) to make the icons start out correct.  But this does not work.  I am
>ppuzzled.  How can I or where should I add the code?
>
>I am just getting into the code so I am a newbie in the Konqueror world ;-)

So, I didn't follow the whole discussion. So some questions because of the
iconview text-over-pixmap bug. Besides the fact that I can't reproduce the bug:
You say if you see the bug and do something to re-align the icons (like
changing viewmode) everything looks ok again (no text-over-pixmap anymore)? If
this is the case, then it's not a qiconview bug, but a bug in konqy. It could
be that a item->setPixmap is done after calcing the layout, which would have
exactly this effect.

--
Reggie