List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Question on Konq
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-01-25 13:56:31

> Let's say someone wanted to view a news server in konq (I
> have added the basic functionality to kioslaves). Something like:
>
> news://user:passwd@server.com  ----> gives a list of
> newsgroups shown as folders
>
> User then clicks on a folder (newsgroup) and it displays the messages
> available.
>
> User then clicks on a message and it displays in a text window.
>
> Of course this could be built on, but this is a start.
>
> My question is, would this be do-able?

Yes.

> And would the kfmexec code be a good
> starting point to copy and "adjust" to do a knewsexec for konq?
Huh ? Certainly not. kfmexec is for something completely different
(downloading a remote file for opening with a non-network-transparent
application, and asking for reupload when the edit is finished...).

If you've registered your ioslave, and if I assume the above
is meant to be done in an iconview or treeview, all you need to do
is type the URL in konqueror, and the kioslave should start,
and give back to konqy what it finds out...

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer