List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: current konqy crashing in switch to directory tree
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-20 23:01:33

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 04:44:17PM -0500, Emily Ezust wrote:
> [Sorry if this has been discussed already in the list, but I'm not
> sure what to search for in the archives.]
>
> It worked, but I'm a bit confused now. Wasn't there a different
> option in the same place as Directory Tree that would show you
> a detailed listview, with sortable columns and headers like size,
> group, permissions, etc.? I can't seem to find anything like that
> now. :-(

That's the treeview, which you're mixing with the "dirtree" (directories
only).
The treeview hasn't been ported yet.
In terms of code management, I would prefer those two to be merged though...

> I was about to fix a bug in kioslave/tar that manifested itself
> when you viewed a tar in konqy with the detailed view. The Link
> column was always empty (even if some of the tar entries
> were links), and if you clicked on the header, konqy would crash.

Oh, without treeview it's going to be a bit more difficult.
Well, you can use RMB + Properties.

> So I added support for symlinks in KTar, and I wanted to test
> my tiny fix to kioslave/tar, but ... no detailed view!
:-}
felling guilty :-)

> Is it still there under a different name, or is it gone for good?
I think the properties dialog box should allow you to test it.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org