List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM crashes when you try to look at the permissions of a spec
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-01-20 15:27:33

> Using the KFM go to the /dev directory and right click on any device file.
> Try to view the permissions, and KDE crashes
This was a stupid bug indeed, and is already fixed in konqueror (KDE >=
1.89)

> The bug is present in all of the above versions and distributions.
> I also check both the KFM bug report logs and the Overall KDE bug report
> logs and found no previous mention of this bug.
You did a very good thing, by looking around before reporting.
Unfortunately, bugs.kde.org deletes closed bugs after a short time,
for a reason that completely escapes me.

I've closed bugs similar to this once 4 times since it was fixed because
of that - but that's not your fault at all ! If other people started
looking first like you do we wouldn't have such a mess in the bug report
list !

Thanks.

--
David Faure