List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Konqueror (Bookmarks)
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-11-25 13:31:05

Hi,

There a lot of good ideas here.

An easy starting point I can see would be to use the usual KDEDIR(S) stuff
for bookmarks (this would allow the "read-only corporate bookmarks").
i.e. currently it only reads them from ~/.kde/share/apps/kfm/bookmarks
I should make konqueror read them from $KDEDIR(at any
level)/share/apps/kfm/bookmarks
as well, in read-only mode.

About copying bookmarks to a floppy, you can easily do an edit bookmarks
(which open
a file manager window to the (personal) bookmarks directory) and copy the
files/dirs from there
(as is, or creating an archive, ...). It's just usual file copying stuff, so
I don't
think it's too difficult for the user.

I'm not sure I see the point in temporary bookmarks. We have the history
(which does temporary
storage of urls) and bookmarks... Remember, keep it simple :-)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer