List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: Kfm and -geometry option
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-10-20 14:42:32

> Hi !
>
> I am currently using the kfm to display remotely html pages (using
> kfmclient).
> My problem is that I am unable to force the kfm to map its window on
> a precise location. The '-geometry +x+y' option works for 'kvt' and a
> few other utilities , but not for the Kfm.
Yes, of course, since kfmclient is just a non-GUI client that talks
to the running kfm. Giving -geometry to a non-GUI program can't work :)

> Which line of code should I modifiy to re-enable the
> '-geometry' option on the Kfm ?
The problem, as far as I understand it, is not the -geometry option of kfm.
What you want is an additionnal option in kfmclient exec (or openURL)
for specifying the window size. For this you need to add those arguments
to the IPC communication between kfmclient and kfm, which is not a one line
fix.

OTOH, with konqueror and KDE 2's kfmclient, this is very easy to do
(when it's ported to dcop, i.e. next week-end probably, unless someone
beats me to it ;)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer