List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesu
From:       zander () microweb ! nl
Date:       1999-10-10 9:01:39

> There was a thread on kdesu about 2 weeks ago, I don't remenber if it was
> on kde-look or not.

Is was not on kde-look, and as this seems a topic for kde-devel and maybe
kfm-devel, ill forward it there.

Bij deze gedaan.

> Anyway, I think it would be nice if kdesu would be fully intergated into
> the kde desktop. Instead of having to use kdesu in the program commandline
> in an applink, there should be an extra tab in the properties dialog of an
> applink in which a user can specify if the app should be run as another
> user.
>
> If kdesu isn't installed (or not suid root) this tab could be disabled.
>
> A new kcontrol tab could be created for the root user in which he/she can
> choose to ignore all kdesu settings on the system or to hide programs that
> need kdesu for certain users (it doesn't make sense to show normal users
> all sysadmin apps like ksysv in their kde menu).
>
> K. Wojas
> E-mail:   wojas@vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl
> Homepage: http://vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl/~wojas
> OS:       Mandrake 6.1 Linux, kernel 2.2.13-7
> Country:  Netherlands

Thomas Zander                                                zander@microweb.nl
Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer,
because it makes other people's lives easier -- or, more         icq: 970 00 05
accurately, it enables them to maintain their manic pace.      gpg-key:  0588D5