List:       kde-look
Subject:    kdesu
From:       "K. Wojas" <wojas () vvtp ! tn ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       1999-10-09 23:51:20

There was a thread on kdesu about 2 weeks ago, I don't remenber if it was
on kde-look or not.

Anyway, I think it would be nice if kdesu would be fully intergated into
the kde desktop. Instead of having to use kdesu in the program commandline
in an applink, there should be an extra tab in the properties dialog of an
applink in which a user can specify if the app should be run as another
user.

If kdesu isn't installed (or not suid root) this tab could be disabled.

A new kcontrol tab could be created for the root user in which he/she can
choose to ignore all kdesu settings on the system or to hide programs that
need kdesu for certain users (it doesn't make sense to show normal users
all sysadmin apps like ksysv in their kde menu).

K. Wojas
E-mail:   wojas@vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl
Homepage: http://vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl/~wojas
OS:       Mandrake 6.1 Linux, kernel 2.2.13-7
Country:  Netherlands