List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Gui design
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-15 22:32:16

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 12:23:53AM +0100, zander@microweb.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I subscribed a couple of days ago, after I installed KDE 2.0 (snapshot)
>
> I was wondering if you have the gui sorted out allready for konquorer,
No, not at all. We are open to every suggestion, and even more to people
willing to help !

> since the one I have on my system (snapshot 0906) is really bad in the
> interface design.
>
> - I don't get to view a list normal list (without the tree view)
> - Selecting more than one file (in treeview) doesn't work
Yes, the tree view needs a lot of work.

> - Being able to open a new window with a specific dir is not supplied.
Really ?
Nah, it's there, you got that one wrong.
File / Open Location, just like in kfm.

> - moving files is not possible in tree view.
Should be but didn't try...

> - and, well there are bugs ;-)
No kidding ? :-)

> I program, but really like Gui work, so if things are still open I'd like
> to take a look ;-)
Great !
We really need more help on konqueror !
You seem to have ideas for the treeview, feel free to implement them.
There are also plans for a kfm-like, MSExplorer-like, ... tree view that
will contain predefined (but configurable) toplevel directories, like
Root, ftp://ftp.kde.org, ... whatever the user wants to see there.
But that is independent from the current treeview, which can be opened
in any location, and which contents only depend on what it can actually list.

kdebase/konqueror/konq_treeview.* are yours :))

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org