List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HI
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-09-05 14:46:00

On Mon, 06 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 04:22:14PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > Napalm Death wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi coolo
> > > i am Kmpg from #kde chan - irc.kde.org if you remember me
> > >
> > > so i trying to conenct in some stupid web site based on ms server (
> > > www.hotmail.com) -> stupid html tag :((
> > > and ..shoot "sorry you need IE5.0 ..etc"
> > > and i ran debugger now i make IE5 like salate and now  i know this is
> > > a stupid VB script who browser send to ms server like "inditification"
> > > so i think can be lie ms server
> > > just my question is what is konqi plugin look like format ?
> > > and i can try make "fuck-ms" plugin for konqi
> > >
> > Well, I'm not god - but kfm-devel should be able to answer your
> > question. The kfm used to have this feature.
> You _are_ god. The only problem is that you don't know it ;)
>
> I don't think you need a plugin to do that.
> Did you simply try changing the UserAgent setting in kcmkfm
> (the configuration dialog bog for kfm) [or in kcmkio for HEAD branch] ?
>
> Or is it another form of identification that is used ?

I just wanted to add one thing to what David said.  It won't work if they
are using any type of scripting on the client side to send the user agent
info.  However, KFM, as David mentioned, can be programmed to announce itself
as a different browser which is then sent to the server with HTTP request ...

Regards,
Dawit A.