List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: completions
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-08-29 17:36:46

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Troy Unrau wrote:
>
>> Shift-Tab cycles backwards through frame focus, and no, an autocomplete
>> feature should not breaK other controls.
>
>What about netscape-like completion? I thought Qt does it somehow
>automatically for some widget (sorry, didn't touch the Qt docu in a
>while).

It's done only in QComboBox for the items which are inserted. But it's easy to
implement for paths too, we did it e.g. in the QFileDialog.

What I'd like is todo it like in netscape or in the QFileDialog (complete with
the first matching filename or whatever) but also popup a listbox below where
the other possibilities are listed. When you keep typing the completeion goes
on as before (complete with first matching path and popup list with other
possibilities), but when you type Arrow_down or Arrow_up the next/prev item
from the list is take for the completion.

I implemented something similar somwhere, and this works quite fine and is very
userfriendly IMO.

--
Reggie