List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Second part of Bug #1780
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-26 2:53:24

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>
> > RESOLUTION(S):
> > One way to resolve the issue is to make the URL completion feature
> > optional but on by default.  This would allow us to turn it off in
> > kfmgui.  Another would be to make it configurable so that is accepts
> > the key combinations to be used for URL completion. Of course the
> > defaults will be the current one's.  Would any of these be acceptable
> > changes ???
>
> What about making it automatically attempt completion similar to the way
> Navigator and MSIE work on Win32?

That is how it is in konqueror.  Hence, this bug is moot there.  However,
IMHO it is too late to do that since the feature has been there from day one
and I am sure some folks actually enjoy and use it.   Besides that would
require to large of a change to be added to a frozen CVS  I think the best way
to fix this is for right now is to make the key bindings ( at least TAB) optional and
ON by default or as Waldo suggested to leave it as is and deal with it in KDE.
I will have the "optional patch" in few hours so that we can decide which route
to take ...

Regards,
Dawit A.