List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: kio_ftp : pasv
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-08-16 14:31:19

> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 11:34:45AM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > kio_ftp is great :-) , it works fine, except for one
> problem, but perhaps
> > > that's just me:
> > > I can't do uploads (slotPut()) with this PASV thingy.
> Unfortunately I
> > > don't know anything about this mode :-( , but I was able
> to fix it by
> > > commenting out the ftpOpenPASVDataConnection() call in
> > > ftp::ftpOpenDataConnect() . Of course I did not commit it
> :-] , but as it
> > > seems this PASV mode breaks uploads, I wonder whether anyone with
> > > knowledge is able to fix it properly?
> >
> > I fixed this in the 1_1 branch. Did I forget HEAD ? Probably.
> > Can you play with cvs log to find the fix (it wasn't from
> me, but from
> > somebody else :)
>
> Hmmm, all I could find was a patch which disables pasv mode
> for uploads. I
> guess this is what you mean, and it makes sense to me :-)
No, there was a real fix to the problem...
I don't have a Unix system connected to the Net anymore, for some time
(I need a house first !), so I can't check this by myself ;(

> I'll fix this is kio_ftp, too.
If you have some time ahead (lucky guy !), please have another look
at the logs. I'm sure I applied a patch to ftp.cpp in the 1.1 branch that
fixed that.

> > I'm leaving tomorrow for UK ...
> >

> Wish you all the best with your new live in the UK (and of course with
> your Mandrake job :-)
Thanks !