List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: dnd - popupmenu
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-07 17:11:27

Graham TerMarsch <gtermars@home.com> wrote:

> OS/2 was doing several years ago with their System Object Model (SOM).
> I'm not sure who (if anyone) that reads this group is familiar with
> IBMs desktop model or the way that they handled templates, file types,
> extensible menus, containers (folders), etc., but having been an OS/2
> nut for years before getting hooked on Linux/KDE, I have to say that
> I'm seeing a lot of things paralleling.

I know that OS/2 stored some information in the extended attributes to
files and folders, but I don't know exactly how the stuff has worked.

If you have some time and motivation, please do so. I'm sure we can
learn from OS/2's concepts and I know many people who swear on OS/2's
useability.

--
Dirk A. Mueller