List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: dnd - popupmenu
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-07 17:14:04

Dawit Alemayehu <adawit@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Mime-type binding has some limitations.  For example, what if you want
> an option "Terminal Here" when you use the RMB on a directory folder ?

I don't know for sure but I guess directories have a special
mimetype in Konqy ?

> Along the same line you can do other actions such as Copy To ->
> Floppy or Copy To -> Location...

You want something like winblows "Send to" feature. Again something
that shouldn't be stored in every individual .desktop file, right?

> without having to hard code them into your sources.   This is the
> intention of this extension. Right Simon ?

Yes, but he wants/wanted to store the information in a .desktop file.

> IIRC, either group can have their own specific extension by prefixing
> them with X- before each of the entries.  This is/was as much as I can
> recall.

We must not break our own standard UNLESS we have VERY good
reason to do so.

--
Dirk A. Mueller