List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Relative URL resolution again
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-08-04 22:26:31

On Wed, 04 Aug 1999, David Faure wrote:
> I'm lost in this "relative URL resolution" stuff, so I simply forward :)
> Please check if this request I got some time ago is taken into account
> as well...

I have fixed, with Waldo's help, the "relative URL resolution" problem ( bug#
1556 ) and committed it into the 1_1_BRANCH.  It turned out to be a one line fix
in KURL.

> KFM's HTML browser doesn't like links like "http:/cgi-bin/man2html", which
> man2html produces and some web pages use.

Correctly so.  This URL is not valid ( per RFC 1738 & 2396 ).  It is neither a
relative nor an absolute URL.  FYI, it does not work in Navigator ( on Linux )
either.

> You can probably patch around it by saying if there's only one slash remove
> the http: and treat it as relative, or something.  Sorry, I don't have the
> source either!

Why ? kfm, actually KURL, does the right thing by rejecting this.  If such a
URL is produced by man2html, then shouldn't it rather be reported to whomever
maintains man2html rather than kfm-devel ?

> Also, it might help to have an option to disable tree view with http:// URLs
> only.

IMHO, this is not really necessary as you can already show/hide the Tree
any time you feel like it. ( View->Show/Hide Tree )