List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqy crashes
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-06-15 7:16:28

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:
>
> > Waldo Bastian <bastian@ens.ascom.ch> wrote:
> >
> > > As of yesterday, Konqy (both with mico 2.2.6 and 2.2.7) crashes at my
> > > place during startup.
> >
> > It crashes here while installing the KOM plugins. commenting that
> > codeline out it starts fine and runs almost stable.
>
> This shouldn't happen. Are you really sure that it's in there?
>
> If you have a look at the installKOMPlugins function you'll see that it
> will currently never really enter the loop, because we don't have KOM
> plugins, yet.
> Well, yes, we have one, it's Caitoo (and then it's even not for the views
> but for the mainview only), but it shouldn't get recognized by the Trader
> because I didn't convert the .desktop file, yet.
> Therefore the query result list should be empty and the for() loop should
> never be entered. And the code before the loop shouldn't arise trouble in
> any way.
>
> Does anyone have a backtrace available?

Yes and no. (I.e. i have it, but not here) Will try this afternoon.

Dunno if it is the same. The crash occurs when kded had been running
but was killed afterwards. (E.g. the IOR is still published, but kded
isn't running. When kded is running (or when there is nor IOR) it will
get somewhat further but then seems to get stuck (it doesn't do anything
anymore).

Cheers,
Waldo
--