List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    khtml/khtmlw and getSelected()/getSelectedText()
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-06-15 5:04:32

Hello all,

How can I tell the difference between URL's being selected and just normal text
being selected on a web page ?  The reason I ask this is because a text selected
signal is emitted everytime a URL is selected.  This causes both getSelected()
and getSelectedText() to return values.  Shouldn't the URLSelected() and TextSelected()
events be separated so that each one can be trapped to decide which is what ??

Also a text selected signal is not emitted when a call is made to setSelectedText() in
the HTMLwidget.  I was trying to fix the problem of selecting everything when
viewing a web page in kfm when the user selects Edit->Select All ( CTRL-A ).

Please let me know if I am completely off the wall here ....

Regards,
Dawit A.