List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Bug in kfm (HTML frames)
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-05-20 13:56:07

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I found a bug in kfm regarding html frames. If I start two kfm windows
> > with the same frame names and click a link in the second kfm window, the
> > requested html page is loaded into a frame in the first kfm window. (I
> > discovered this by opening the jdk1.2 documentation (frame version) in 2
> > kfm windows.
>
> Hm.. could very well be that I introduced this one. There was some
> really
> weird code that selected a frame. I changed this to just select the
> frame
> based on the name. It appears that this is not completely right in case
> of multiple frames with the same name.

Might be this really weird code was from me. As far as I remember, I had
some problems with opening frames in the wrong window a few times, and
put in some (dirty) fix for that.

> I guess that in case of multiple frames with the same name, we should
> take the one which is "the closest" to the "current frame".

That's what it should do. One should at least compare names of the
"root" htmlview with the root view of the "current frame" if you have two
frames with the same name. That's rather easy to do, and would
probably solve 99% of these problems.

Cheers,
Lars