List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: STL and kdebug (was Re: konqchildview)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-09 12:18:03

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Matthias Elter wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Apr 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > :-) Hehe, well, I'd better try the latest Qt sources, seems to be safer...
> >
> > And as far as I remember, Perry in #kde had similar problems with
> > yesterday's Qt, or?
>
> Yes, I had some problems ... but related to missing qwindows.h and
> qstinglist.h. The first was fixed easy by creating an empty q_windows.h.
> But for the second you have to get qstringlist.h and qstringlist.cpp from
> Torbens mail to kde-devel and modify the troll's Makefile.in by hand. But it
> seems to work now. :-)

Aha, and no other problems? Hm...

Well, I don't want to create too much noise here, but I'd love to continue
hacking, so my question is simple:

Does anyone here have similar problems with the latest Qt, in regard to
the fact that Konqy and Caitoo both crash on startup? (other apps seem to
work fine, but I didn't test very much ;)

Ciatoo's backtrace gives me:

0x40c0644f in __libc_malloc (
    bytes=3221222624)
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40c0644f in __libc_malloc (
    bytes=3221222624)
#1  0x40b3e084 in __DTOR_END__ ()
#2  0x40a9fe66 in ___builtin_vec_new (
    sz=2276)
#3  0x405da06a in QGDict::init ()
#4  0x405d9fe3 in QGDict::QGDict ()
#5  0x4060d83b in read_xpm_image_or_array
    ()
#6  0x406032fb in QImage::QImage ()
#7  0x40628517 in QPixmap::QPixmap ()
#8  0x405fa6e2 in QDragManager::QDragManager ()
#9  0x405fa9a5 in QDragObject::QDragObject
    ()
#10 0x405facfc in QTextDrag::QTextDrag ()
#11 0x4059e3b3 in QClipboard::setText ()
#12 0x8067141 in QCollection::newItem ()
#13 0x809ccc8 in QCollection::newItem ()
#14 0x805a55e in QCollection::newItem ()

Konqy goes a little bit different, but with once thing in common: The
three QCollection:newItem() calls are equivalent.

Sorry for traffic/trouble... I'm just a little bit puzzled
:-)

Ciao,
 Simon