List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM Error
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-28 15:58:41

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 06:50:28PM +0200, Rob Kaper wrote:
> "The requested action
> get telnet://capsi.cx:2300/
> is not implemented yet."
>
> Looks to me this is a rather simple one to hack into kfm.. launch a kvt (or
> whatever Terminal program has been specified with -e telnet, voila.

This is right. kfm is not developed anymore, but this a nice feature for
the successor of kfm, called 'konqueror' (or konqy).

Simon, while making the plugin mechanism, can you think of a way to
specify, in a plugin kdelnk : for the protocol "telnet:", something like ;
launch konsole -e telnet %host  ?

This will allow the same kind of protocol support for other protocols as
well, without hacking the code.
I can think of "rlogin:", and even of somebody wanting to use, say, ncftp
for "ftp:" transfers, and netscape for "http:" transfers.
(For this we need to make plugins chosen before hardcoded protocols
(kio_http for http:, ...)
Users love be customize everything, and a lot of them want to use kfm/konqy
as file manager only and netscape as web browser... which can be
understood, especially if there is java in the pages ;)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org