List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: including konqueror.idl
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-03-23 21:25:33

On Ut, 23 mar 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Matt Koss wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to include konqueror.idl in kget.idl
>>
>> But as I look in the include/idl directory, there is only konqueror.idl and not
>> konqueror.h file.
>> All files in idl directory has .idl and .h file except konqueror.idl.
>>
>> I guess that this is only bug in Makefile.am.
>> Without konqueror.h I will not be able to compile kget.
>
>A single installed konqueror.h won't help you, konqueror.cc is required as
>well.
>
>Insert in your Makefile.am:
>
>IDL_FLAGS = --query-server-for-narrow --relative-paths -I$(idldir)
>
>konqueror.cc: konqueror.h
>konqueror.h: $(idldir)/konqueror.idl
>           $(IDL) $(IDL_FLAGS) $(idldir)/konqueror.idl
>
>This will help :-)

Oh yes, I didn't realize this.

>BTW, in regard to getting a reference to the mainview (for installing an
>eventFilter) :
>Konqueror writes the IOR of the mainview in $HOME/.konqueror.ior .
>Just read it and do a

I guess that there should be a function implemented which does it for me.
Something like   QString getKonquerorIOR()

>CORBA::Object_var obj = komapp_orb->string_to_object(
>string_containing_the_IOR_of_the_mainview );
>Konqueror::MainView_var mainView = Konqueror::MainView::_narrow( obj );
>
>(but a KOM::Base_var might be sufficient as well)

Thanks for your detailed help.

BTW, I have implemented this on the kget side.
Now I need to wait for konqueror to catch up :-)

Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk