List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: random kioslave thought....
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 4:11:51

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> This must one hell of a coincidence, because I was also thinking the
> same thing after running into this today.  I think adding WebDAV
> support to kioslave would be great as it would instantly provide any
> app an easy way of allowing its user to collaborate and manage files
> remotely.  Anyway, I am all for this.

My biggest problem is tracking down someone who has a working WebDAV
client and server.  I think if anything this means tracking down a FP
enabled server *shudder*.  But alas, I still haven't gotten any WebDAV
clients working (read MSIE5 is a huge piece of shit through and through).

The next part would ideally involve shuffling around the code the way I'd
suggested earlier.  Although I know kioslave's WebDAV is going to be much
smaller than that of MSIE5's (3mb or so), I still wish there was an easier
way to separate everything so the WebDAV stuff could be another slave...

- alex