List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: random kioslave thought....
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 4:16:33

Well you are in luck, you can find one at http://webdav.zope.org:2518/ and the
announcement/press release here http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-March/000160.html

>But alas, I still haven't gotten any WebDAV clients working
I have not tried it out but you might want to look at sitecopy. I downloaded the
code yesterday, but I have too much staff on my TODO list.  You can find
sitecopy here @ http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/  .  If you got through their FAQ
site ( http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/dav.html ), they have a lot of good info on
this staff.  I learned quite a bit from it.

> read MSIE5 is a huge piece of shit through and through.
This does not surprise me.  I would not touch thier browsers after dealing
with IE 4.x on my three home PC s ( Thank GOD I am not forced to use it at work
).  However, I like some of the features it had ( like the split windows they
had for the history,search, favorites or whatever they call it now folder )

>The next part would ideally involve shuffling around the code the way I'd
>suggested earlier.  Although I know kioslave's WebDAV is going to be much
>smaller than that of MSIE5's (3mb or so), I still wish there was an easier
>way to separate everything so the WebDAV stuff could be another slave.

Well I do not know much about this subject matter, but I have an idea anyway.
Since DAV is a protocol and an extension to HTTP, could it be implemented like
the other protocols such as file, ftp, tar, gzip are implemented now ??