List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    random kioslave thought....
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-03-18 4:58:20

After, finally getting over this cold, I had some time to think about
WebDAV support, and started examining some of the slotCopy code in both
the file and http slaves.  I noticed there's quite a few checks to make
sure that the dest url is a local URL...

But, why not have a "write/put/whatever" slot... and make the kioslave
base class have a dummy copy slot that opens one read slave and connects
it to the write slave of another slot..  Obviously the "write" slot would
handle the whole checking if the file existed and so forth.  But this
would make things so much easier, and remove a lot of possibly duplicated
code.. and allow you to save to oh http://foo.bar.com/~user/blah.txt.....

- alex