List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: draft+thoughts
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-02-27 17:20:14

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, David Faure wrote:
[...]
>> BTW, question in regard to the naming: Should we stay with kfmfinder or should
>> we go for TreeView (or KfmTreeView) ?
>Let's rename.
>
>> (my vote: I like TreeView (withouth the leading "Kfm") , because
>>  a) "TreeView" is imho more self-explaining than "Finder" (wdh is a
>> "Finder"? ;)
>"Finder" is the Apple naming for it.

Ah, yes, now I remember. Thanks for the hint.
:-)

>>  b) (in regard to the "Kfm") the TreeView might perhaps become more than a
>> plain view-directories-and-files thing but, in regard to Michael Reiher's
>> ideas, a completely configurable thing :-) (*really_looking_forward_to_this*)
>So ? For me, "kfm" means file management, i.e. anything including file and
>directory icons.
>A Tree view always involve directory icons, even on a ftp site or seeing
>files like mailboxes. I would keep the kfm, but that's just me and not very
>important.

Ok, you convinced me.

KfmFinder -> KfmTreeView
IconView -> KfmIconView as well, ok?
HTMLView stays as is IMHO
PartView ... well ;)

Bye,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

we have joy, we have fun, we have linux on our sun