List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror/DESIGN
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-02-19 16:14:18

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
(...)

>Hmm... If you happen to come across a message/mailbox on your
>filesystem,
>konqueror should be able to show it in a nice way. But for reading your
>daily mail you should just use a mail-program. I don't see the advantage
>of having that in konqueror.

We must be consistent. If I click on mailbox I want to see list of messages in
that mailbox. That view must be done my mailer; only mailer can handle it's
messages.  Supose you have more mailers with different style mailboxes (mh,
mbox, special...) Konqueror doesn't know and needs not to know how to handle
special documents be they mailboxes, images, documents...

 >The same for PIM (personal information manager), if you happen to
>stumble
>across a PIM database/vcard, it is nice if konqueror can show it in a
>way that
>makes sense, but using konqueror as a PIM would be strange imho.
>
>What _IS_ important is to have an easy way to move from this "view-only"
>mode into the real-application.

>> > I think this "Other way" is a very good idea.
>> Second it! But it should be executed in background or only display a
>> progress bar.
>
>Yes. Another nice option could be "Print". Imagine a JPG, when you click
>"Print" the image-viewer gets launched and you get the Print-dialog of
>the image-viewer. (The rest of the image-viewer can be minimized).
>Intersting question: should the applications automatically quit, after
>it has finished printing?

Of course. It can show some progress indicator (in separate window or any other
way, but not in konqueror) And when action is finished - quit.

--
Sven Radej     radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org