List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm programming
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-02-17 8:36:36

thanh nguyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to help with kfm/konqueror devel. I'm new to KOM/OP
> programming. So I don't know where to start with this new kfm. If any
> of you needs my help, I'm available, just tell me what to do.

Hi,

Well, you will have to decide for yourself what you want to do. I can
give
some usefull tips though. First try to follow as much of the current
design
discussion, perhaps you should read the mailinglist archive a bit too.
That
way you will get an idea of what is going on. Second, try to concentrate
on
a small part of KFM, I myself for example work mostly on HTML-things.
KFM
is very complex, trying to understand it all at once is almost
impossible.

A good way to learn is by doing some bugfixing, on http://bugs.kde.org
you
can get a list of all bugs in KFM, try to pick some easy ones which are
easy to reproduce. Ask on this list when you have questions about
anything.
When you have a made a patch post it to this list as well, people can
then
check it. The buglist also lists "wishes", these are always good to get
some
inspiration for what you can do.

Cheers,
Waldo