List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtmlw problem : #350 : missing entry fields
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-01-25 19:38:45

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>Lars Knoll wrote:
>> >I think khtml handles it (you will know better) but I don't think
>> >khtmlw will. We had a bugreport some time ago from someone who
>> >only closed table rows but did not open them. I haven't fixed that
>> >because it is obviously bad html.
>
>> khtml shuld be able to handle it. It's difficult to test at the
>> moment though,  since forms are horribly broken there...
>
>Are they? I mean, you can't really use them... but they are printed
>more or less aren't they?
More less than more ;-), so I don't really trust what I see there. And  the
version I have on my harddisk at the moment has some other problems
anyway, since I'm trying to change the layout to incremental (perhaps I
should have never started thinking about that... x-)

>> >Better ask them to fix their HTML. IMHO you can close the bug-report.
>> Yes. At least we should wait 'till after 1.1 with fixing (or better
>> working around) it.
>
>As a fix I propose to not to use khtmlw :) (_AFTER_ 1.1 is released :):)
Good idea... How about switching to Gecko then??? ;-)

Cheers,
Lars