List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: double clicking to launch an application
From:       Aaron Granick <parallax () ucsd ! edu>
Date:       1997-08-09 11:38:00

weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> double click is outdated :-)
> You have to use one click, but double click should work never the less.
> You may have noticed an ugly bug. If the *.kdelnk files
> dont start with "[KDE Desktop Entry]" they are not handled
> in a correct manner. Use kedit to solve this right now.
>
> Bye
> Torben

I still really cannot do it.  I have a .kdelnk file in the mimetypes
folder...actually several of these are already done for me (gif, jpeg,
etc.), and I have a .kdelnk file in the $KDEDIR/apps directory that has
its bindings set to the appropriate type (or so I think)...

could you give me a simple example, say of how to get xv to open jpg
files (this doesn't work on mine)...the help pages seem outdated.
Also...does mounting/unmounting devices still work? Or is this also
'outdated'?

Thanks,

Aaron