List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    newoolbar-0.6 & newstatusbar-0.1a
From:       Sven Radej <a9509961 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-07-23 20:32:44

Hi,

I uploaded newtoolbar-0.6 and newstatusbar-0.1a to Incoming and KFM-place.
These should go into libkdeui.

KTopLevelWidget now resizes children ok. The ktopwidget.* is the same in
statusbar and in toolbar distribution.

I made toolbar notraised, and it's up to you to decide. Library maintainer can
toggle raised/notraised through one #define at ktoolbar.cpp start. I belive
that all KDE apps should have the same look, so if ktoolbar remains notraised,
then kmenubar should be notraised too. I uploaded screenshot of such look to
Incoming: notraised.gif.

KToolBar has toggle buttons now. You can get pointer of comboBox, so you can
access other QComboBox methods.

Documentation is made with kdoc from Taj.

I mailed patches to all authors of toolbarized apps about exiting while
floating. With those patches all apps exit ok, and multiwindow apps close
floating toolbars which are owned by particular views when they are closed.

KFloater class is not needed by statusbar/toolbar. It's up to Kalle will it
remain in kdeui or not. KFloater has problems with itself, and only few
widgets can get swalowed.

KCombo (inherits QComboBox) has also problems: signal completion
(pressed ctrl-d) doesn't work, becouse ctrl-d is used for deletion. Use
rotation (pressed ctrl-s) instead. I think we should get rid of TabFocus
changes, and use Tab for completions. But I don't know how to do it.

That's about it.

Bye,
--
Sven